Screencast #1: How to use VWT to correct your mistakes
How can I fix my errors in my police reports?
Introduction
Hello guys! My name is Vincent Fafard and I'm a student at Ahuntisc College. In school, I'm learning Police Technology, I'm in my third semester of a six and I just ended my first year of studying. You may ask "What is Police Technology?" Well, my main goal is to become a police officer, so I take courses such as sociology, criminal and civil law, defense which made my learn on how to interact with people in our society these days, what we can and cannot do as a citizen of a country and how to defend myself and arrest a person if needed.
The Problem
So, today I'm talking to you because I have a concern. When I am a police officer, I will need to write reports, and I don't want my bad English writing our typing to affect my reputation as a police officer. Also, there is a saying that "Bad reports won't get you anywhere in the organisation." It is true, because not only you, but your superiors, attorneys and judges can read the reports, and you don't want to give them so false information or a text filled with mistakes because they will question your ability. Don't worry, I don't want to stress you out, I have a solution.
The Quest
First, open a new tab and type Virtualwritingtutor.com in the address bar at the top of the screen in the middle and then press enter. If you did everything correctly, you should be on this page where, in the top left corner of the screen, you should see the site logo plus a robot figure next to it and in the top right corner of the screen there is an icon with an app named conversolo if you have problems with speaking in English, but we won't talk about it today. Under the logo there is the navigation menu if you want to learn more about the site and below the navigation menu, you have the instruction on how to use the website. There are some other clickable buttons that I will get into shortly.
The Solution
Now, in the middle of the screen, there is a text area where you can type, speak or copy-paste your texts or your reports. For example, I can write, "During the chase, the suspect drived reklessly and hit a police officer while he flead the scene." At first, I might think that this is a perfect phrase, but if I left click, in the bottom right corner of the text area, on the "ABC check" icon, you can see three red underlined words which means that there are mistakes. Then, I click on the "Check Grammar" button at the top of the text area, and you can see why I made those errors. You have all the details, "flead doesn't need an A, there's a C missing in recklessly and drived is not written in its correct form." Now, I can come back at my text and fix everything. ""Does the changes"" And if I click on the "ABC check" icon again, you can see that there are no mistakes. Same thing if I click on "Check Grammar". If I want to double check my text, an AI can read it for me if I click, in the bottom right corner of the text area, on text-to-speech. ""AI reads"" So, there you go, I think my phrase is good and there are no mistakes, and I'm sure of it.
The Conclusion
So, that's it for me! I hope you use the website regularly to fix your mistakes like I am doing and for the future and actual police officers, I hope this video will help you to fix your errors in your reports if needed. Once again, my name is Vincent Fafard and Peace out!
**************************************************************
Statistics
Word count: 640
Total MP3 length: 00:00
Target structure count: 13
Error count: 6
Error density: 1%
Comments
Post a Comment